Living with a chronic disease, especially one that is diagnosed in adulthood rather than childhood, can have a dramatic impact on your life. Many people around the world live with a chronic disease every day. Whether it’s someone with arthritis or cardiovascular (heart) disease, they know the toll that these chronic diseases can take on their lives.
At Primary Care El Paso, we can help you better manage your chronic disease by providing chronic disease management services, in order to maintain a happier, healthier life without disrupting your lifestyle too much. As doctors, we care about each and every patient we see and strive to help them live their best lives. One of the ways we do this is through chronic condition and disease management.
What Constitutes a Chronic Disease?
More often than not, a chronic disease is one that lasts longer than three months. Chronic diseases can be consistently present or come back from time to time over a period of many weeks, months, or years. Chronic conditions can cause a lot of pain and other issues that can get in the way of completing everyday activities, making them difficult to live with. That’s where we come in. We can help you better manage the causes and symptoms of your condition through Chronic Disease Management so you can go back to the important things in life.
What Are The Most Common Chronic Conditions?
There are, unfortunately, many, many chronic conditions one can suffer from. Some of the most common, all of which we can help you manage, include:
- Arthritis- Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation in our joints. When our joints are inflamed, they can become painful, uncomfortable, stiff, and hard to move, making things like writing, gardening, driving, cooking, and other everyday activities difficult to manage. We’ll help find the best treatment plan for arthritis so you can feel better.
- Heart Disease- Heart disease is one of the most common chronic diseases in the United States, and is one of the leading causes of death among both men and women. Heart disease can lead to a slew of other issues, including heart attacks and strokes. We’ll assist you in managing your heart disease to reduce your risk of experiencing further issues.
- Obesity- Obesity affects more than 30 percent of adults in the United States alone. It can cause other issues, such as heart disease and diabetes, and makes activities like exercising and sleeping much more difficult to do. We’ll help you manage your weight so you can get back on track to a healthier future.
- Diabetes- A person is diagnosed with diabetes when they have abnormally high glucose levels in their blood because their pancreas fails to produce the insulin needed to maintain healthy blood sugar levels in the body. Diabetes can cause many other issues, including numbness in the hands and feet, slow healing wounds, and so on. Diabetes is often associated with obesity because many people who are obese are often diagnosed with diabetes. Diabetes can also affect people of all ages. If you have diabetes, our diabetes doctors here to help at “Primary care El Paso” diabetes clinic in west El Paso.
- Epilepsy- Epilepsy is a condition where people have abnormal activity in their nerves and cells, which can lead to spontaneous seizures. This condition can affect a person’s ability to work, cook, drive, and other day-to-day activities. We can aid you in finding the best treatment to better manage this condition.
These are just some examples of chronic diseases and conditions that we can assist you with. The first step to take in getting better is to schedule an appointment with us.
How We Can Assist You
The way chronic diseases and conditions are managed will depend on your medical history, as well as that of your family, and the chronic disease you’re battling. When you come in for an appointment with us, we’ll determine the best course of action for you to take to better manage your disease.
Don’t Wait Any Longer! Schedule An Appointment With Us Today
We can help you take back your health and lifestyle. We’re dedicated to helping clients feel better and lead healthier lives. Give us a call today to learn more or to schedule an appointment. We look forward to helping you!