Is IV therapy for symptoms after COVID infection good for me?
According to the CDC, most people with COVID-19 get better within weeks of illness; however, some people experience post-COVID conditions. Most common symptoms include: shortness of breath, fatigue, difficulty thinking or concentrating or “brain fog”, cough, chest or stomach pain, headache, heart palpitations, joint or muscle pain, pins-and- needles feeling, diarrhea, sleep problems, dizziness on standing “lightheadedness’, rash, mood change, change in smell or taste. These post-COVID conditions may also be known as long COVID, long-haul COVID, post-acute COVID-19, or chronic
COVID among other names.
It is unclear who gets these conditions and why; therefore treatment it is experimental and include supportive care, tailored rehabilitation and/or use of medications that have been used to treat other conditions. Intravenous (IV) vitamins/antioxidants and minerals in various forms have been widely used to treat similar chronic conditions with good evidence of its safety and efficacy. The frequency and dosing of these infusions must be personalized after a consultation with a health care provider.
Some of the most common ingredients found in these IV therapies include:
• IV fluids: a mix of fluids and electrolytes that restore body’s fluid balance.
• Vitamin B complex: B vitamins increase white blood cell count, reduce nausea and boost energy.
• Vitamin C: is a common antioxidant that is known to aid reduce inflammation,
• Vitamin D boost immune system.
• Glutathione: is one of the most potent antioxidants known, therefore prevents inflammation.
• Magnesium: helps muscles, joints and heart function properly
• Zinc: slows microbe reproduction.
*Service offered at out sister company The Hive Medspa, located next door to Primary Care El Paso.